Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Apologies

If I were Pinocchio.....my nose would be two feet long!
We made the decision initially to only tell family and close friends about Thomas's diagnosis.
After we first got the news, I was unable to talk about it or think about it without bursting into tears!  TJ had the blessing of ignorance (from a medical perspective) initially, but this diagnosis meant many of my worst fears coming to life for my baby. 
 The main reason for keeping the news  quiet was so that I could continue to work! I have the best, most thoughtful patients, and I get asked about the pregnancy,etc, about 30 times each day.  I knew I didn't have the emotional strength (or the time!) to tell every single one what was going on!  And we know how Savannah is....once a few people know, the whole town knows!
As you can imagine, it is exhausting to talk about, especially at this point when we all have more questions than answers about all that is going to happen after Thomas is born.
Anyway, I sincerely apologize to all of patients, nurses, friends, and anyone else I told "everything is great, and yes ,we are delivering at Candler".....and I hope you can forgive me.
It was so much more beneficial for me to have everyone treat this as a normal pregnancy, be excited for us, and to be surrounded by positive energy.  It really helped me to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible, and to stay excited (instead of terrified) about our sweet boy. I couldn't have handled 20 weeks of "Oh, Melissa....I'm so sorry," etc, etc.
I am sorry to anyone I have offended, and I appreciate your understanding!

1 comment:

  1. You are so forgiven! I completely understand why you would do that, and am so glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy this pregnancy :) Praying for you, TJ and Thomas!

    ReplyDelete